Chemical Company was founded in 1950 by Neil &
Mary Grace Ashlock in Lawton, Oklahoma.
housed at 508 E Avenue, Southwest Chemical specialized
in paper products, janitorial equipment & supplies.
The company rapidly grew out of that location and
moved to 302 F Avenue, located on the railroad. Large
shipments, including Scott Paper Company, were delivered
by rail. During this time, restaurant equipment and
supplies were added and members of the 2nd generation
Ashlock family joined the company.
to urban renewal, Southwest Chemical Company was again
forced to move. A plot of land at # 1 C Avenue was
for sale and Southwest Chemical quickly acquired that
location. That had significance to the Ashlock family
as it had once been the address of Ozmun & Company,
a wholesale grocer owned by Mary Grace Ashlock’s father,
the passing of Neil Ashlock in 1969, Mary Grace Ashlock
continued to operate the company with her three daughters
until her death in 2005. The company carried on with
her daughter Mary Ann Ashlock Swigert assuming the
ownership, after purchasing the company from her sisters.
She now runs the company with the help of her husband
2007, the 3rd generation Ashlock family member, granddaughter
Laura Meyers Magrath and her husband Shawn moved back
to Lawton to help grow the family business.
have been proud to call Lawton/Ft. Sill our home for
the past 65 years and we look forward to the continued
growth of our family business with upcoming generations.